ART SAVES LIVES &
SELF LOVE HEALS!
STUK Designs is a community of women who promote self love and creativity to underserved girls of color globally, through arts-driven programming and a clothing brand.
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD & RAISE FUNDS FOR MORE GIRLS OF COLOR TO HAVE ACCESS TO THE ARTS BY COLORING!
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MOVEMENT!
WHO ARE WE?
We are advocating women who currently provide programs in Ghana and the U.S.! STUK uplifts and educates through our shop, a blog, two programs, STUK Academy (art classes) and events. STUK art merchandise proceeds go towards two programs. STUK’s philosophy is “Self Love First”, we believe that in teaching young girls self love, they will carry that Love through their adolescence and into their careers.
WHAT WE OFFER:
WHAT ARE OUR FOUR CAMPAIGN GOALS?
1. STUK Designs would not existence without the collective support of our community! You are magic! The consistent revenue we've generated thus far has kept us in operation since 2017 in our studio in Inglewood, but due to covid we had to move out in 2020. We now wish to open a larger space in Inglewood, CA. Help us keep our lights on, keep running, and create a safe space for the girls who need it most! #blacklivesmatter
2. We want to scale our impact and expand our two programs so that we can help more girls. It is predicted that over 20 million girls will be out of school post pandemic and we want to keep girls in school and ensure that they are getting art education, tools, supplies and opportunities. In order for girls to stay FLY we first have to make sure their basic needs are met.! We do this through our F.L.Y. Girls grant program.
3. We will expand in all areas. We will create a more sustainable merch production team. We will globally distribute our art kits in rural areas. We will up the quality of our podcast, online courses, and digital downloads. We want the highest quality digital academy as possible so that we can connect with and bring together girls around the globe.
4. We mass manufacture our custom art kits on a global level so girls with or without wifi can participate in our self love art lessons. We will also be able to distribute more of our custom clothing to girls and women in need.
WHY ARE WE CROWDFUNDING?
To get art education to our girls we first MUST be able to keep them in school!
Since the pandemic began we have worked hard to raise funds so that girls of color can still have art education and art resources. There is little to no representation of girls and women within the art world, even fewer women of color, and almost NO black women.
HELP US CHANGE THE WORLD AND SHAKE THE SYSTEM
BY GETTING MORE GIRLS OF COLOR ACCESS TO THE ARTS!
We are the pioneers of 'Self Love Art Education'. Evidence-based research correlates confidence with artistic expression, but has yet to explore the correlation between artistic expression and Self Love. We have found little to no content, research and studies done on Self Love Art Education, so this is a struggle but also an opportunity.
THIS IS A HUMANITARIAN ISSUE:
ART SAVES LIVES &
SELF LOVE HEALS!
We view this as a HUMANITARIAN ISSUE and our solution is our two programs that directly combat these challenges and alleviates anxiety and depression. By combining art and self-love, and by doing so we can improve the mental health of girls suffering from trauma so that they can develop a positive self image and reach the highest expression of their being. And we know it works, because we’ve seen the impact in our own lives and in the lives of girls we work with.
WHAT STUK HAS DONE PRE FUNDING?
FULLY BUILT OUT PROGRAMMING:
1. The Little Heartists Program teaches underserved kids Self Love, through art. This program helps children affected by anxiety, stress, trauma, social media addiction, or depression find new ways to share their feelings and experiences by incorporating meditation and intention setting into each lesson. This program provides kids with the tools they need to love themselves authentically. This program provides kids with custom art kits that pair with digital online lessons or printable PDF lessons for kids with no wifi access.
2. The F.L.Y. Girl Initiative is our grant program for girls ages 5 to 23. It is specifically designed to fight the international girls education crisis one girl at a time on a global level. Our education partners; teachers, community leaders, youth center owners etc. alert us to girls who are in need of support. We are supporting #STUKGIRLS from Kumasi, Ghana to the U.S. They now need our help more than ever!
THE PRODUCT: HOW IT SOLVES THE PROBLEM
We produce and art collection, merch collection and art self love kits. All of our merchandise is embedded with self love affirmations and positivity. With more funding we will professionally manufacture our current Little Heartist Art Kits so that we can mass produce and disperse them to girls in deeply undeserved rural communities, who may not even have wifi access. We will also give away our artwork and clothing merchandise to girls who need it most!
We call ourselves the dream team, because we have to be vivid dreamers to have made it this far. We dream, believe and execute. We are a team who leads with love and exemplifies STUK's values of: creativity, Love & positivity, empowerment and community. We are a global team that leads with Love. We are strong, talented, united and knowledgeable.
LET'S CHANGE THE WORLD, TOGETHER!!!
Let’s be honest: we shouldn’t have to convince ANYONE that arts education is impactful and important. However, funding for arts education is a constant battle - especially after COVID-19. Which doesn’t make much sense when now more than ever, kids need access to the arts in order to cope with difficult emotions and lack of creativity!
It’s our mission to promote this sense of creativity to underserved girls of color through arts-driven programming. With your help, we can enrich the lives of girls that will define our society for generations to come!
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD & RAISE FUNDS
FOR MORE GIRLS OF COLOR TO HAVE ACCESS
TO THE ARTS BY COLORING!
DOWNLOAD, PRINT, COLOR, TAKE A PHOTO WITH YOUR ART
WE LOVE YOU! THANK YOU!
You can find other ways to give (via Venmo or Paypal) or and become a monthly donor at: stukdesigns.org/give or our instagram: @STUKDESIGNS !