The Trip Wish List helps multicultural women take breaks from everyday life through short-term getaways across North America. Our travel club offers the convenience of having your next getaway planned to places on your travel wish list without the huge upfront cost of travel or the stress of figuring out who's coming.
Why is this important?
There are real health benefits to women having frequent social interactions with each other. In fact, studies show that women that get together regularly with their friends are happier and healthier. But when you consider that more than half of Americans don't use all of their allotted paid annual leave, it's no surprise that many of us are suffering from burnout and mental fatigue. This pattern can lead to serious health implications over time. To make matters worse, the pandemic has contributed to sharp declines in travel, which means more Americans are traveling less.
This service began as a way to make it easy for women to get out of the house and take exciting trips that incorporate luxury, wellness, and connection. Membership includes two annual social events, a digital travel bucket list, a discount travel directory, access to a private online community, and one curated three-night weekend getaway across North America. Add-on services such as travel insurance, roundtrip flights, and rental cars are also available. A portion of proceeds will go toward funding getaways for women healthcare workers.
Crowdfunding is a way to raise small amounts of capital from a large number of people to fund a project or business venture. It's also a great way to raise awareness of your business. We plan to use our campaign to build the momentum needed to help fund the future of female travel.
Funding through our IFundWomen campaign would primarily support:
- website development - programming, technical changes, functional improvements, and visual enhancements to the existing site
- marketing & PR - funds will be used to spread the word, acquire new customers, grow our digital presence, and generate buzz and press.
- operations - funds will help the company utilize staff to assist with ongoing tasks that advance the brand's position.
Ways to support us
- Take advantage of one of our exciting rewards! A portion of proceeds will go toward funding a free getaway for a hospital worker or teacher.
- Sign up on our site at www.tripwishlist.com.
- Follow us online on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Share our campaign on social media.
In addition to this campaign, we are seeking strategic partners to build relationships of mutual benefit. For any questions, send an email to [email protected].
About the founder
Having visited more than 75 countries and all 50 states, Taryn White is a passionate world traveler, experience curator, and travel writer who has written for National Geographic, Condé Nast Traveler, Virginia Tourism, and other publications. Always looking for her next adventure, she sees travel as transformative and created The Trip Wish List to help other travelers explore all the places on their travel bucket lists.