My name is Jimanekia Eborn, I am a comprehensive sex educator, trauma specialist, and founder of Tending The Garden.
Several years into my work as a Comprehensive Sex Educator and Sexual Assault & Trauma Expert, I have found my ultimate calling. Spending my days working with survivors – educating them on how to care for themselves, uplifting them out of trauma and celebrating their strength; it's been a dream come true.
As an expert in my field and as a survivor myself, I know firsthand the importance of finding healing and community when it comes time to process your trauma. When we can come together as survivors to reflect, re-energize and regenerate ourselves, the healing magnifies. This is more than mantra; it is my mission.”
Tending The Garden is a 5-night retreat dedicated to healing and a safe space for survivors of sexual assault. As a survivor myself, I was always searching for community, healing, education and growth. I couldn't find it, so I created it!
We are re-launching our fundraiser to re-coup funds lost due to Covid-19... and to raise money for an online summit that will offer healing to a larger audience while we plan for the future retreat.
Our goal is to raise $68,252 to bring everything to life!
For Survivors - You’ll learn grounding exercises, mindfulness practices, boundary setting, coping skills, and tips on dealing with triggers. You will develop an understanding of the mind-body connection, how to decipher your body’s signals, and body movement techniques to release stuck energy. You will also spend time reconnecting with your body, rediscovering your voice, and learning how to communicate in the bedroom in a way that respects your boundaries and triggers.
For Our Allies - If someone you know and love has experienced sexual assault, you may not know what to do and/or how to support them. Allowing someone to know that you are there and YOU BELIEVE THEM is number one. Doing your research and finding resources to share when they are ready is also really magical. The fact that you found Tending The Garden is an example of that magic!
In order to create this space, we need your support.
We are raising $68,252 to cover:
- To place a deposit on our new retreat center!
- Cost of bringing magical Facilitators to location of the future retreat, affording them the ability to take a week off to join us. Covering all of their travel expenses, accommodations, and meals for 5 nights
- Covering ALL expenses for the individuals* who are attending TTG on full scholarship (flights included)
- Travel expenses for our producers & staff
- Event insurance to cover facilitators, producers, and all applicants
- Tools, workbooks, and resources for survivors to bring home after the retreat to add to their continued healing practices
- Courses and resources that can be shared with Allies and supporters to make our at-home spaces feel safer as well
- To recoup funds lost due to Covid19. We were scheduled to fly to 5 star retreat center in Costa Rica in April of 2020. The retreat was paid in full. Because of the pandemic, we were forced to reschedule and eventually cancel. The retreat center has refused to return our money or refund the paid applicants. TTG will be returning those lost funds to our applicants.
*Scholarship Individuals have already been chosen for the first annual retreat, applications will open back up in 2022.
With your donation and support we will be able to create a space that otherwise does not exist and make that space affordable!
When I say "Let's Heal Together" I mean that. As a survivor myself, I know that healing is a ME thing, but having a WE is really powerful and amazing addition to the healing process.
To learn more about the retreat or to apply, click here: https:// www.TendingTheGarden.love