Sometimes We All Need Somebody To Lean On
One in eight families in America are hungry and struggle to provide or eat enough each day. Approximately 38 million people are food insecure including children, seniors and college students, according to the 2020 US census report. 12 million of these are full time workers between the ages of 25 and 64. Silend gives you the opportunity to give back to the friends and neighbors who might be struggling silently in your community. Whether looking to extend a helping hand or ask for support, Silend is a peer-to-peer lending app that allows you to do so anonymously with no strings attached. With Silend, you can rebuild a sense of community!
When Unexpected Times Hit—Silend Can Cover It
Hard times befall us all. When you truly need a helping hand, find yourself living paycheck to paycheck, falling behind on payments, or worried about providing for yourself or loved ones—Silend is here to offer a helping hand. Request what you need silently, anonymously, and without question.
How It Works
Silend is geo-based, so donors and receivers are shown within a one mile radius of their physical location. Funds are only available for basic needs, including food, clothing, and shelter. A maximum of $100 may be received at a time. There are no interest rates or loans, so everyone can give or get with peace of mind. All we ask is that when you are able you Pay it Forward!
Give Without Reason Or Expectation
When we give anonymously to those in need, we offer true selflessness. Together, our small acts of selflessness, kindness and generosity can make a large impact on our local communities. Share what you can spare and show your support with Silend.
Why are you seeking funding and how will you spend the funding?
- Silend launched on both Apple and Google Playstores in June 2022.
- Since June 1st (with zero marketing) we have received 119 downloads
- Out of the 96 active Silend users only 22 have created requests for help which leads me to believe the remaining 76% are potential donors
- I believe the missing link is branding and building consumer trust so I am hoping to raise $10,000 to fund an immersive marketing campaign with the goal of reaching 10k downloads by August 31st.
- Brittany Black – Founder and Freelance Supply Chain Consultant
- Rita Williams - Advisor and CEO @ One to One Education Support Inc
- Wesley Myrick - Advisor and Managing Principal Consultant @ Cronus Consulting
- Corlisha Mitchell - Advisor and Senior Consultant @ MGT Consulting
- Abdul Wahab - Lead Programmer and Owner @ Dev Zone
Thank you so much for taking the time to read about the Silend app and I look forward to memorializing you as a one of the
“Founding Silend Community Pillars”!