Born during a wrestling gear shopping trip with her youngest daughter Annie, Deb North founded YES! Athletics to empower young female athletes by filling the gap in sporting goods for girls in sport. We are solving the problem of lack of shoes and gear for girls and women in this sport. Yes! Athletics supports this vulnerability and bravery by providing shoes in feminine styles and colors specifically designed and manufactured for girls with no size conversion needed. Girls should not be limited in sports by limited options for gear!
OUR MISSION: To empower young females to try sports they might not have previously considered by offering traditionally male sports gear in feminine styles and colors. Yes! Athletics helps females feel welcome and recognized. Offering shoes male athletes have traditionally worn in styles and colors appealing to female athletes, Yes! Athletics supports girls in sport.
We believe in empowering girls to say YES! to scary and new things!
Our Value Proposition
- Yes! Athletics was the first to market with shoes made specifically for female wrestlers. Our shoes are made from top-of-the-line materials and are breathable and comfortable!
- Girls' wrestling is one of the fastest-growing sports in the United States, yet there are no shoes made specifically for girls.. until now.
- Approximately 30,000 girls are wrestling at the high school level and another 30,000 wrestling at the youth level. The sport is growing by 28% per year.
- We launched the Defiant1 shoe in October 2020, and our sales have grown by over 1000%. We are ready to launch the Champion1 shoe. We have bootstrapped our efforts so far but are seeking funding to help us grow our mission and business. These funds will be used specifically to increase our sales and marketing initiatives
Our goals with these funds:
1. Hire a salesperson who can penetrate the high school and college sports markets as well as promote the products at wrestling meets
2. Increase marketing spend to create even more brand awareness
3. Begin the development of new models of wrestling shoes, as well as shoes for other non-traditional girls' sports.
Why we are different than other shoe brands:
We are community-minded and have formed relationships with amazing organizations that champion female athletes. We have a "buy one give one" campaign with Beat the Streets on Giving Tuesday. We also sponsor 2 Power Lifters who compete with the Special Olympics. We passionately champion our brand ambassadors and influencers and their wins!
Check out all of our amazing reward options! There is something for everyone!
For more information on our story, brand, and mission: yesathleticsusa.com and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2nBY4f36ArsGjVtrzhyqaw