Congratulations to the Music City Icons Professional Women's All-Star Basketball Team
Winners of the 2021 COPABI Showcase Basketball Tournament in Puerto Rico
The Music City Icons Professional Women's Basketball Team
The state of Tennessee is known for outstanding women's basketball. Nashville, TN is the home of the Music City Icons Semi Professional Women's Basketball Team.
Our goal is to "Build Opportunities Beyond Basketball" not only in the lives of the basketball players but in the entire Nashville community. The team is comprised of 15 outstanding players who played high school and college basketball. The Music City Icons gives women the opportunity to play in their hometown with the options of one day playing in the WNBA. We provide a second opportunity for these women to continue to play basketball and be leaders in the Nashville business community.
Founded in May 2016, the team finds its home in Nashville, Tennessee. The Icons compete in several different Professional Women's Basketball Legues. The Leagues are the "premier professional development basketball league for women."
The Music City Icons is comprised of 12 dynamic women basketball players who desire a second chance at a professional basketball career. We develop and prepare players to play in the WNBA as well as overseas professional basketball teams.
In addition, the WBCBL has built a networking relationship with professional international basketball scouts and agents to broaden the possibility of higher-level professional jobs being offered. Since 2005, we've helped hundreds of players to Go Pro!
The Music City Icons basketball games will be fun and entertaining for the entire family to enjoy.
The purpose of the Music City Icons Women’s Basketball Team is to provide our players with opportunities beyond basketball. Our program designed around opportunity and development.
Music City Icons developmental goals are to better and develop
- Each player's physical and mental skills and abilities
- Each individual's character skills. We expect each player to learn how to compete, be disciplined/ dedicated and understand the importance of team basketball. We encourage our players to respect the game and in return the game will respect them. We give our players opportunity in a couple of facets:
- Opportunity to have knowledgeable and dedicated coaches.
- Opportunity to play at the highest competitive levels.
Support Your Music City Icons!
The Music City Icons Professional Women's Basketball Team is excited announce that we will be participating in the 2021 COPABI Women's Basketball Showcase Tournament in Yauco, Puerto Rico. The Tournament will start on Thursday, June 10th and end on Monday June 14, 2021. https://copabipr.eventbrite.com
Our 2021 Team Consist of Five Top Professional Women Basketball Players:
1. Dominique Wilson 5'8 Point Guard
2. Shawnice Wilson 6'6 Center
3. Aliyah Collier 5'9 Shooting Guard
4. Kwanza Murray 5'8 Small Forward
5. Ashia Mitchell 5'10 Forward
Each player will also be attending a series of Professional Development Courses to include:
1. How to Start Your own Business
2. Financial Empowerment: Getting Your Financial Household in Order
3. Building a Brand in 2021
4. Get a Job Now: Creative Strategies to Secure Employment
5. Resume Building 101
6. How to Reinvent Your Career After Basketball
7. Investing 101
8. How to Build a Strong Professional Network
9: It's Time to Tell Your Story: How to Write, Publish and Market a Book
10. How to Secure Grant Funding for Your Business or Nonprofit
11. Your Next 89 Days: How to Create a Financial Plan that Produces Results
12. Life Skills 101: Master Your Life
All of the Professional Development Course comes with a Book, Workbook, eBook, Course Materials and Handouts Players have the option to doing the training online or in person.
Help us to Reach our Goal
- Be involved in one of the fastest growing sports in Nashville, TN.
- The number of young women who have involved themselves in basketball has increased volumes over the last 5 years.
- The general excitement for women’s basketball received a boost in popularity when the number of winning women’s basketball teams has increased in the Tennessee area.
How we will use the funds raised?
Expenses for Launching the Team Basketball Season
- Practice Gym
- Traveling Vehicle
- Home games referees
- Gym for home games
- Marketing for home games
- Items for concession stands
- Hiring a Coach and Assistant Coach
- Team uniforms to include sneakers, practice uniforms and backpacks
- Team merchandise to sell
- Logo designed
- Marketing package
- Hiring a Fan coordinator
About the Owner
Philanthropist, Bestselling Author, Empowerment Trainer, Business Coach and Publisher
Renee Bobb is the owner of the Music City Icons Women's Basketball Team. Renee started her basketball career in middle school in Staten Island, New York. She also played in High School and Division 1 at Cheyney State University.
During Renee's military career she had the opportunity to travel the world playing basketball for the United States Navy NATO team. Once I got out the military, she tried out for the first WNBA team and did not make it. Even though her basketball career was over she still love the game.
Every year Renee would watch amazing college basketball player finish their education and leave collage with no plan. She was inspired to help these women athletes overcome life barriers and provide tools and resources to empower them to be more than star athletes. Renee wanted to show them how to use their star power to secure a great job, manage their money and be great citizens that give back to the community.
Renee is an authority in the field of self-publishing and small business development. Her company, Renee Bobb Training (www.ReneeBobbTraining.com), is an Empowerment Training and Development Firm, specializing in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Training, Career Empowerment, Small Business Development, Financial Empowerment and Book Publishing Training (www.BookPublishingLady.com). At the present time, Renee teaches the Nashville Book Publishing Workshop which has helped over 2,500 aspiring authors to write, market and publish their own books.
Renee is the winner of the 2018 Tennessee Christian Chamber of Commerce “Community Impact Award in the area of Education,” the 2018 Tennessee Black Chamber of Commerce “Rising Star Award,” the 2018 Nashville Entrepreneur Center Member of the Year Award, the 2017 Nashville Bunker Labs “Get It Done” Military Veteran of the Year Award, the 2015 Nashville Business Journal Veteran of the Year Award and the 2012 Tennessee Titans Quarterback Volunteer of the Year Award. In 2005, Renee also won the Small Business Administration, Virginia Women in Business Champion of the Year Award.
In November of 2019, Renee accepted an opportunity to work with Bunker Labs and is the founder and coordinator of the Black Veteran and Military Spouse Entrepreneur Workshop Series designed to provide support and resouces to under served communities. This opportunity provides Renee the platform to empower more military Veterans and their families to start and expand their own businesses.
The Music City Icons Semi Pro Women’s Basketball Team will consist of 14 outstanding basketball players.
- Head Coach
- Assistant Coach
- Team Doctor
Opportunities for College and University students gain valuable experience working with a women’s professional basketball team:
Public Relations/Marketing Specialist, Sales Representative, Media Consultant, Equipment Manager, Statistician, Facility Manager, Media Program Announcer, Director of Community Affairs, Videographer, Photographer, and Fan Coordinator.
The Music City Icons Professional Women’s Basketball Team prides itself on providing opportunities beyond basketball.
Future goals of the Music City Icons Women's Basketball Team
- Mentorship program for girls who play basketball and come from single parent homes.
- Volunteering in the community to feed the homeless, participating in summer tutoring program and helping the elderly and less fortunate.
- Create global brand
- Help players to start and manage their own businesses
The Music City Icons will have a huge impact on sports in the Nashville community. Provide an opportunity for fans to enjoy a great game of basketball while supporting a dynamic group of ladies who will empower others and lead a life of excellence in hopes that other will follow in their footsteps.