KIMBRITIVE is the sexual wellness home for Black women providing content, community, and expert care where we feel seen, heard, and celebrated. We are creating a digital platform of educators, doulas, and wellness practitioners supporting you along your sexual wellness journey.
According to a recent study, two out of five women named Google and the internet as their first place to go for information and answers about their sexual health concerns before consulting with their doctor.
Research also shows that the average woman Googles sexual health-related questions four times a month — citing a lack of sex education for the gaps in their knowledge and understanding of their bodies. Consider this data alongside the booming Femtech industry that is expected to reach $1.1 billion by 2024. This indicates that women are actively searching for answers and support around their sexual health and there is an opportunity to create innovative technology and solutions for their health and wellness.
At the same time, Black women experience major systemic racism, sexism, and implicit bias in the wellness and healthcare industry.
These devastating experiences have profound impacts on Black women’s lives and sexual and reproductive health. Coupled with this, there are few spaces designed just for Black women to openly and safely share their stories and receive support around their sexual health. We want to change that.
Sexual wellness is more than just sexual health.
It's about your physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing when it comes to the relationships you have with others and most importantly, yourself. This includes access to information and resources to lead a sexually healthy life while centering pleasure and joy. In our membership-based platform created for Black women, femmes, and non-binary folks, sexual wellness conversations no longer need to be confined to a Google search or your annual gynecologist appointment. Through our workshops, events, and on-demand learning tools, Black women are:
- taught skills to better advocate for themselves from the doctor's office to the bedroom
- provided with medically accurate information and resources to make decisions about their sexual and reproductive health
- supported by wellness practitioners around experiences they’ve previously had to navigate alone
- connected to a community of other Black women on their sexual wellness journey
We are raising $22,000 to create the first sexual wellness platform designed for Black women by Black women.
With the funds that we raise from this campaign, we will:
- Build a holistic digital home that supports Black women along their sexual wellness journey
- Compensate wellness practitioners fairly to share their expertise and facilitate workshops
- Hire sexuality educators and content creators to expand our digital offerings
- Offer a virtual membership at an affordable rate
- Launch a membership scholarship fund to provide free and discounted memberships to women facing financial difficulties
- Pay for payment processing fees from Stripe, PayPal and IFundWomen
Thank you for caring and investing in the dreams and healing of Black women through KIMBRITIVE.
Your contribution demonstrates the power of community and it truly means the world to us that you’ll support us in creating a space that Black women deserve for their healing, learning, and self-discovery. This is just the beginning of our journey but it doesn’t start without YOU.
We know first-hand what it’s like to grow up without any transparent talk about our bodies, sex, & relationships.
But luckily we found each other to figure that out. We know so many Black women who grew up the very same way and are still looking for that support and community. KIMBRITIVE began as a labor of love to our younger Black girl selves who were frustrated with Black health disparities and inequity. As public health social workers and sexual wellness practitioners with over a decade of experience in sex education and reproductive justice activism, we are innovating and disrupting the Women+ space by placing Black women and girls at the center. You can learn more about us here.