Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the mission of your company or project? Our mission is to create memorable experiences for our guests that will forever define who they are.
Why did I start The Jenesis House? Growing up, I had the opportunity to travel the world with my parents who were in the Air Force. I was lucky enough to experience so many cultures and most importantly experience my own. Throughout my life, I have found I am the happiest when I am creating experiences. After much thought and over 2 years of planning I know opening my own resort will allow me to create a healing place like no other especially for the women who look like me.
What is the problem you are trying to solve? Here’s the problem:
- Less than one percent of all hotels are owned by African-American women, yet over 5 million black millennial travelers in the U.S. spent $63 billion on travel in 2018. It is our obligation to continue to elevate the curious, intelligent, inspiring leaders of the black community and remove the preconceived notion of what that looks like in hospitality.
- A large investment is required when establishing a private, boutique hotel, especially when building from the ground up. Unfortunately, large amounts of capital have been difficult to secure.
- World Health Organization (WHO) recently added "burnout" to it's International Classification of Diseases, describing the syndrome as “chronic workplace stress that has not been successfully managed.” Americans are feeling overcommitted and overwhelmed. Three in five (60%) Americans agree they often feel overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done. And almost as many (51%) admit they tend to feel burnt out quite often.
How does your product/service solve this problem? The Jenesis House solves this problem by providing the following solutions:
- “Be the change you seek” It is my hope that my own entrepreneurial journey will inspire others, especially women of color, to make space within the hospitality industry filled with experiences that everyone can appreciate. We will continue to open TJH resorts specifically in locations that lack diversity in resort hotel ownership & management.
- TJH endeavors to purchase an operating hotel and rebrand to its own philosophy. Incorporating an existing hotel will lower initial capital requirements such as furnishings and major construction projects. For additional capital and to push brand awareness, TJH will initiate crowdfunding in a new way by launching a luxury candle line to build excitement and a support system.
- TJH will offer a place of rejuvenation while teaching wellness balance practices that can be continued in everyday life. Allowing for digital detoxes and encouraging mental health practices that are often stigmatized in certain cultures.
How do your services impact your community and larger market? TJH will have a significant impact within the community, from career building, and putting money back into small businesses.
- Guest studios will be equipped with wellness essentials & luxury products available for purchase if they discover an item they simply can't live without! Everything from bed linens to bath products will be shoppable and purchased form private & small business vendors.
- Our staff will have the opportunity to be trained in a variety of wellness practices to discover a new trade and also empower other to do the same.
What are you launching? I am launching my very own luxury crystal candle collection! Each candle is made with essential oils, 100% soy wax, and a wood wick for an everflowing burn. The candles were made to burn up to 50 hrs, with a dedicated crystal to create a healing environment wherever you are. The Jenesis House candle collection will consist of 3 different scents:
- Scent 1.0 Chèque In is a bubbly lavender fragrance with a distinct apothecary vibe. Watery cucumber, honeydew melon, and ozone start off this refreshingly green scent, while middle notes of lavender buds and cooling camphor reinforce the herbal quality. Chamomile and white tea leaves complete the note profile of this soothing fragrance. The surprise crystal pair is a Rose Quartz which is known as a healing crystal and the stone of unconditional love.
- Scent 2.0 Chèque Out has an upscale scent that opens with cooling eucalyptus. Middle notes of cypress, moss, and bayberry blend with rich undertones of fir, patchouli, and sweet incense. Fir, patchouli, eucalyptus, and mint essential oils intensify the fresh foliage notes. Cypress and Bayberry bring the ambiance of pristine woods into your home. The surprise crystal pair is a Crystal Quartz which is known as the most powerful healing stone of the mineral kingdom & enhances spiritual growth.
- Scent 3.0 Chèque Ya Self is infused with Hemp fragrance oil making a pleasing, earthy aroma. This dreamy scent begins with top notes of gardenia and lemon peel as it gives way to a blossoming heart of tuberose, jasmine, and green florals. A heart of green leaves and true-to-life hemp makes up the bulk of this scent, while notes of vetiver and patchouli are in the base. The surprise crystal pair is Black Obsidian which is known as a powerful & creative stone. It increases self-control & forces facing up to one's true self.
Why are you launching this product? Discuss the purpose of this project and what it is a prelude to? A large investment is required when establishing a hotel, especially when building from the ground up. Luckily, TJH is in the process of purchasing an operating hotel and rebranding it to its own philosophy. TJH is currently self-funded and decided to launch a luxury candle line to help compensate for thousands of dollars in startup costs like inspections and license fees.
What are the products' unique features? Made with 100% soy way, essential oils, a wood wick, and includes a crystal inside that candle that you can see soon disappear as the wax cools and reappear when that wax turns to oil.The candle burns for 50 hrs.
How is this product made? All candles are hand-poured in my home kitchen.
How will it contribute to the consumers’ lives? The candle aroma will fill your home with amazing, natural scents and the healing crystals will bring positive energies into your soul.
What makes it different from other products? The added scents are free from carcinogens, reproductive toxins, and other potentially hazardous chemicals often found in fragrance. Choose Clean Scents and create safer home fragrance products you and your customers can enjoy with confidence.
Can you somehow compare it to the products offered by your competitors? Listed below are the Top 10 Most Hazardous Chemicals Hidden Under the Fragrance Label in other competitor candles.
- Aniline BHA.
- Dibutyl phthalate.
- Diethylhexyl phthalate.
- Nano titanium dioxide.
- Nano zinc oxide (20-60nm)
- Sorbitan oleate
Does your product come in different varieties and sizes? The candles come in 3 different scents and vessel colors, Crystal, rose gold, and matte black.