Boss Me In™ bridges intergenerational women together to solve for the Future of Work creating connection, wellness and inclusivity.
Everyone can win, together.
"Shape a future in work where women know no bounds."
Mai Moore's journey is one of profound impact. With a decade of service, she dedicated herself to teaching 2,000 young individuals how to become Changemakers, leading award-winning social action initiatives. Her extensive experience spans over 20 years in the tech world, where she played a pivotal role in guiding two companies, Travelzoo Inc. and United Online, towards successful IPOs.
In 2022, Mai joined CHIEF as a member and embarked on a transformative path. She listened attentively to over 200 diverse Chief members, engaging in crucial conversations surrounding the #greatresignation, #paygap issues, DEI challenges, burnout, and much more. What emerged from these discussions was a powerful desire among these remarkable women to empower and support young women in their journeys.
As a result, Mai, alongside 34 other dedicated Chief members, initiated the Speaker Series for Young Women. This groundbreaking series brought authentic stories from diverse Chief women who shared their personal journeys to the C-suite, impacting the lives of over 300 young women.
This extraordinary synergy led to the creation of Boss Me In, a company that launched on May 1, 2023. Boss Me In directly impacts young women's lives and meets them where they are, primarily in universities. The growth of this visionary company is a testament to the incredible team members driving the BMI Mentorship program. This program connects executive women with Gen Z, fostering positive intergenerational collaboration. The focus extends to internships, job placement, career advice, networking opportunities, and a commitment to innovation, all coming soon.
Mai Moore is not just a visionary leader but a compassionate advocate for diverse women, Gen Z, and underrepresented individuals, striving to create a more equitable and inclusive world. Her family's history is a testament to her roots in excellence – her grandmother, a Japanese Green Tea ceremony teacher; her mother, who left home at 13 to become the Assistant Concertmaster for the Cleveland Orchestra for an incredible 34 years; and her daughter, currently a student at New York University with aspirations of becoming a diplomat.
In the corporate world, a crisis looms as women leaders exit in unprecedented numbers, and the first rung of the management ladder remains broken for an eighth year. Just 26% of top leadership positions are held by women, with women of color making up just 5%. For senior vice president roles, the numbers are slightly better but still disheartening at 28% for women and 6% for women of color. This challenge disproportionately affects young women, especially those from Generation Z, where 72% express a desire to leave their current jobs, often comprising women of color and LGBTQ+ individuals. Companies must recognize that diversity isn't just an ethical obligation but a strategic advantage, with gender-diverse companies being 21% more likely to achieve higher profits than average.
Here are the key issues our Speaker Series and BMI Mentorship program tackle:
- Lack of Diverse Leadership Insights: We aim to share relatable stories of successful women in leadership, offering aspiring young women real insights into the path to success by sharing their professional journeys, challenges, and triumphs.
- Limited Access to Chief Insights: Our programs provide direct access to a vast network of over 20,000 CHIEF members, offering valuable insights and mentorship opportunities.
- Authentic Leadership Emphasis: We focus on authentic leadership, encouraging speakers to be genuine, honest, and candid about their journey, inspiring and connecting with the audience.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: We actively incorporate DE&I principles into every aspect of our program, embracing diverse perspectives and authentic, servant leadership.
- University Partnerships: Our Speaker Series makes it easy for colleges and universities to offer engaging and cost-effective leadership programs, supporting women-founded businesses and underrepresented entrepreneurs.
- Addressing Workforce Challenges: We equip attendees with the knowledge and tools to navigate the evolving workforce successfully, addressing the needs of Gen Zers and executive women.
- Supporting Inclusive Businesses: We actively promote and partner with women and BIPOC-founded businesses to foster a thriving, inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystem.
At Boss Me In, our goal is simple: we want to use the power of diversity and two-way learning to teach Gen Z authentic, servant-hearted leadership and help them become change-makers.
Currently, we offer two products:
- Moderated Speaker Panel: This features four executive women leaders and a moderator. They share their unique journeys and provide real-world guidance. The event includes an open Q&A session and a post-event gathering. We customize the content to match the client's message. This is available for universities, corporations (with brand sponsorships), non-profits, and conferences. Additionally, we offer add-ons like sponsorships from organizations looking to enhance their diverse talent pool of women and customized workshops.
- Mentorship Program: Our unique two-way mentoring approach pairs Gen Z mentees with seasoned executives over four transformative months. It's a journey of teaching and learning, enriching both parties in an empowering, mutually beneficial experience.
Why are you seeking funding and how will you spend it?
With your generous contributions, Boss Me In will catalyze its growth and innovation endeavors. We'll channel the funding towards strengthening our internal functions, equipping us to drive our current product offerings to their full potential and explore cutting-edge innovations for the future. Your support is the fuel that propels us forward, enabling us to create lasting, positive impacts in the world of work, particularly for women and Gen Z.
At Boss Me In, our team embodies our mission of fostering intergenerational learning and collaboration. We've brought together a remarkable group of individuals to make a difference in work and leadership.
Our Seasoned Executives: With decades of combined experience, our executive women have navigated diverse industries, including social impact, technology, finance, and more. Their wealth of expertise is the driving force behind our initiatives.
Our Dynamic Gen Z Members: Despite being recent college graduates, our Gen Z team members have already left a significant mark. Their versatile skills and career paths span industries like venture capital, marketing, engineering, and corporate strategy. They've played pivotal roles in propelling startups and companies to success.
Diversity that Inspires: We're proud of our diversity, which extends across racial backgrounds, age groups, and a broad spectrum of perspectives. Whether well-versed in the corporate world or just beginning their journey, our team understands the critical importance of addressing workforce gaps and shaping the future of work. Our diversity makes us a powerful, dynamic force that drives positive change.
Together, we are becoming the changemakers we set out to be, empowering women not only to have a seat at the table but lead with confidence and purpose. We are creating a better future together. Thank you so much for your support!