On a global level, the pandemic has been rough for all. However, as Tampa Bay residents, business owners, and community lovers, we have all interacted with those who make our sunshine state great and feel the burden of our community's deficits.
A Griot's Corner in support of The Modern Griot Co. (501c3) will assist with the immediate needs of Tampa Bay residents by providing food, hygiene items, transportation cards, clothes, and toys that foster mental stability for families during the present crisis. Because of these encounters, we ask you to help us "Dry Their Tears" by contributing to our community givebacks. Get to know who we are below and how our passion and collaboration have assisted the Tampa Bay Community.
Janaye Hardy (CEO of Modern Mindset Life Coaching, LLC) & Lola B. Morgan (CEO of A Griot's Corner, LLC) are the Co-Founders of The Modern Griot Co. When the pandemic hit in 2020, these ladies gathered together to launch the “MLK EXPO & Juneteenth Jam” in 2021, where they implemented ways to rebuild the structure and mentality of how local businesses could thrive while formulating necessary resources for the people of existing communities to do so as well. These events focused on personal development, where services such as mental health to career preparedness were offered as a one-stop shop to care for yourself and your family!
- A Griot’s Corner provides support, tools, and resources to guide communities to emotional and mental freedom by facilitating sessions on Emotional Regulation for teens and adults; peer support groups for families within Tampa Bay and Shelters.
- Host Mental Health Workshops, Summits, Conferences, Community Events, and Festivals.
- We also provide Trauma-Informed tools that create resiliency efforts for proper life navigation.
- The Modern Griot Co. is founded and governed by Black, Indigenous, Women of Color.
- The Co-Founders of The Modern Griot Co. are both Authors, Mental Health Advocates, Coaches, and Mentors.
- Together The Modern Griot Co. Founders have awarded $2,000 to a High School graduate headed to FSU and awarded a $32,000 grant (worth of funds and services) to 12 local business owners.
- At, The Modern Griot Co., we aim to provide youth development, community outreach, and trauma-informed tools to enhance communities' well-being.
- Target Goal: $115,000
- Where are the donations going? Toward shelters, families in need, & the homeless community.
- Campaign End Date: December 31, 2022
- December 12, 2022 - All physical rewards ship. (Please bare with us during this Holiday Season, as we may incur shipping delays due to the high volume of parcel deliveries.)
- For further questions or inquiries, please email: [email protected]
FYI: After processing your contribution, please email us your name, shipping address, and t-shirt size.
**Physical funds contributed to the appropriate categories will go to the underserved; however, there are organizations we’ve partnered with to have drop-off locations that will allow us to receive additional items to help promote the crowdfunding efforts to increase our reach in serving those in need. A Griot’s Corner will also donate a portion of the collected proceeds to The Modern Griot Co. to continue its mission in serving the Tampa bay community. We thank you for your continuous support and contributions in assisting us in providing immediate care to our Tampa Bay residents.
Remember to “Stay Grounded & Be Well.”
Video filmed by Chris Moon of CMoon Productions: https://cmoonvideography.com/
Video locations: The Deuces Corridor, Saint Petersburg, FL.
Home of: The Well For Life- https://www.thewellforlife.org/
Cultured Books- https://www.culturedbooks.org/
The Green Book Of Tampa Bay- https://www.greenbooktb.com/