Selling Later was developed from our own experience of being frustrated home sellers that couldn't time buying and selling a home.
Selling Later lets home sellers post their home up to one year before they want to sell. Homebuyers can inquire on home posts that match their buying timeline and home preferences. Sellers can manage their inquiries on their seller dashboard, respond using masked email, and keep notes on individual buyers. We don't believe in middlemen, which is why all inquires go directly to the home poster; not to agents, lenders, etc. Our platform is free for consumers, but we do ask that members donate to a nonprofit in exchange for use of our resources.
A few months post launch, we attended a real estate agent conference, and everything changed.
From the beginning, we knew we wanted to safe keep consumer information. But it wasn't until we attended a real estate agent conference (we are frustrated consumers, not real estate agents) that we saw how much of the real estate industry works against consumers.
- There were 100,000,000 leads sold to the industry in 2020, yet there were only 5 million homes sold. These lead generation companies make billions off of unsuspecting consumers. We believe in protecting your information and giving billions back to consumers and nonprofits
- These website aren't referring the "best agents" and don't tell you how using their services can impact your chance to negotiate listing commissions and/or buyer rebates (if applicable).
- Think of all of the technology that has been introduced to make things faster, more affordable, and more convenient since the 90's. Consumers need to know who really gets paid from commissions, and how to negotiate savings for themselves.
- Real estate selling services are no longer a one size fits all industry. We do not sell homes and believe in educating sellers so they can pick a selling service that works best for them.
- Home warranty, internet providers, home security and other companies give real estate companies kick backs when they sell their services. These kickbacks go back to the company, not consumers, and can range from $40 to $60 for each new subscription.
To add to these problems, there are almost 2 million agents to sell 5 million homes and a variety of selling services that continue to launch that are not clear about their costs and implications of service.
If we didn't know about these issues in real estate, there is a good chance that consumers don't either. While Selling Later is already a successful tool to connect future sellers and buyers, we need your help to transform our resource into a true ally for consumers.
With your help we will add the following resources to our platform to make it a true consumer resource and ally:
We have had future home sellers post from Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Carolina, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada, Georgia, and Texas. We have had future buyers from all over the US search our site in hopes of learning of homes selling when they want to buy. During our growth and exploratory phase, we were fortunate to be featured in many local papers, as well as Forbes, and multiple podcasts.
With this campaign, we can finally give back control back to consumers and support nonprofits throughout the US. To show our commitment to Giving Back, we are donating 15% of our campaign rewards back to small nonprofits.
Your support in building a safe place for consumers is so greatly appreciated. We truly believe in building something just for consumers, not other business. If you are not able to support us financially at this time, your virtual support of our social pages would also be greatly welcomed!
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and Linkedin