One of the consequences of breast cancer is the self- esteem struggle that takes place when a woman sees her body changing from the procedures and treatment regimens. This often results in clothing fitting differently than it did before cancer. BAO understands that shopping for her new body can be frustrating and will aim to provide functional and flattering garments that will meet her needs during and after treatment. We want to help women feel beautiful when they are feeling their worst.
There are several clothing needs throughout and after the cancer journey that we plan to address including: chemotherapy, lymphedema, double mastectomy, single mastectomy, and lumpectomy. We will begin with chemotherapy shirts and then expand to cover the additional needs.
Making an Impact:
At the heart of our company, we intend to do more than just provide our clients with functional and flattering garments. We are not only looking to make a profit, but to support a community of women that are in dire need of hope and encouragement. We intend to do this in a variety of ways:
1. Every year we intend to assist select women with a percentage of their breast cancer medical bills. We would ask them to consider paying it forward.
2. Every year we intend to gift select women with some of our products.
3. On our website we will have a place for women to share their stories and build a community of love, support, and hope.
4. We will continue to look for philanthropic ways to help support this community of women.
About the Founder:
Christina was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 35. After Christina’s surgeries and numerous treatments, she experienced the frustration and heartache of shopping for clothing to fit her changed body. She came into contact with other women in the breast cancer community experiencing similar frustrations. Christina was determined to put her pain into purpose and create a clothing line that would meet these needs. This is her love letter to the breast cancer community.
Below are some of the ways you can support BAO:
1. Donate! Every dollar counts
2. Spread the word! Share our campaign across socials