Many people don't read a book after they graduate high school. Then, when they become parents. There is a unique opportunity when the adult’s mind is thrust into learning again.
Maybe they purchase a parenting book (maybe not).
They will end up with kid’s books in their home. And the child will insist on hearing the story! This is our opportunity. To offer intelligent, engaging content that children will want to hear over and over again – that is intentionally aimed at also growing the parent.
Positive messaging. Engaging (so the adult and the child will enjoy the repetition). Dynamic and inclusive illustrations.
As a foster, adoptive, and biological mother I have struggled to find kid’s books that are illustrated with multicultural families. It is easy to find books with kids with multiple skin tones playing together, but not families.
Inclusive Bookshop has three main goals:
1. Author and publish kids book with positive content that aims at the adult and child in an engaging way.
2. Illustrate kid’s books (and social media content) highlighting ALL types of families – with a special focus on multicultural families.
3. Curate a collection of titles from other authors that celebrate expanding our mind to becoming accepting of more cultures.
Focused target market:
• Multicultural families
• Foster and Adoptive families
• Special Needs families
• Families that would like to intentional focus on positive messaging
• Families that would like to intentionally focus on inclusion
• Families that like great, engaging kid’s books.
For the past 15 years I have been a coach/consultant in the hairdressing/beauty industry. Celebrating and helping others realize unique intelligence. At the heart of most hairdressers is a story: traditionally not great in school, creative, and often discouraged to embrace that creativity. We unlock those gates that have been built and help these creative beauty professionals embrace their confidence and unique gifts! Positive, motivating, real life coaching.
Inclusive Bookshop united my passions as a mother and as a business woman. Inclusion. Positivity. Always growing. Always learning.